4/20/13

Easter 2013

With my grandmother's fall and broken hip earlier this year in February along with upcoming other trips to Middle TN, we decided that we wouldn't be traveling for Easter, even though it was my turn to go to Carthage. I knew we would be coming in the weekend of the 20th for some pictures and if we had traveled on Easter, that would have ended up being 3 out of 4 weekends on the road, which is just a bit much. I was a bit down, but didn't see much way around it.
Then, I was pleasantly surprised when my Mom asked if it would be ok if she came down here for Easter. My grandmother had just been released to go back home and my aunt was still in from North Carolina helping her and she insisted that Mom come down and see us while she was there to see to my grandmother so of course, she jumped at the chance!
She came down Saturday afternoon when she got off work and when she arrived, she had another surprise for us. My brother Patrick was able to come along too! Needless to say, I was extremely happy to see them both and the kids were too. We had a great time visiting and of course, time went by way too fast, but we will be heading to Carthage soon to see them again very soon. Here are some pics from our Easter.
These were before the egg hunt at church on Sunday.












I love the Easter holiday and all that it represents. Without the empty tomb, there would be no hope for any of us. I am so very thankful for my salvation and being a child of God.

No comments: