5/11/09

Rock and Roll, Baby!!

So I'm sure you are probably wondering about the title of this post so let me explain. Yesterday afternoon, Darren took off to Wal-Mart with Jakob and Isaac for a quick trip. When they returned, Darren told Isaac to tell me what DaDa had taught him. So, he raises his arms and says "Rock and Roll, Baby!" It was the cutest thing!!

Ok, so now on to the rest of my update. I know I told you in my last post that I would have LOTS of photos to share next time because Patrick was graduating. Well, Patrick graduated all right, but his silly sister didn't have her camera handy when all the "photo opps" were available. So, PaPa Murf and Amanda, can you please, please, please burn me a cd of all the shots you got that weekend? I sure would appreciate it!!

So, now on to the whole graduation story. Friday night was the pinning ceremony, which was a very sweet and personal ceremony strictly for the nursing students. It was held in this large church in Lebanon, but Isaac didn't do to well. He wasn't bad, but after sitting in a car seat for a little more than 2 hours, sitting in a church pew, being quiet and still was not something he was interested in at all! Luckily, there was a playroom right outside the sanctuary so DaDa was able to keep him entertained there. Meanwhile, I had big time playing with little Callie Grace, who isn't so little anymore. She's growing like a weed!!

Then, Saturday morning came and if you know us at all, you know that we (mostly just my husband) are almost always late and this drives me NUTS!!! So anyway, the graduation ceremony was initially supposed to be outside, but as you all know, here in TN we seem to be in the middle of our own monsoon season so of course, the weather did not cooperate. They decided to hold the ceremony inside, which would be fine, if they had a building large enough. The building that held graduation was full, and of course, the building they had set aside for all the overflow was also full so we got to spend all of graduation outside. I hate that we missed it, but for Isaac's sake, we were probably better off because I know there is no way he would have sat still in a tight space for that length of time!! We pretty much just took pictures and let him run around outside. If you've never been there, Cumberland has a beautiful campus, it's just pretty small. This is their notorious chapel with the clock tower.


Since it had been raining so much, there was water and puddles everywhere. Isaac managed to find a little buddy to splash around in the water with. They were so cute!!


These are 2 of my favorite people!!


We made a trip back to Savannah after graduation and lunch because the next day was Decoration Day at church. Isaac and Jakob had a big time just playing. This is them with their Papa Boots, which is Darren's grandad. Isaac just loves Boots and he's at our house most nights just to see the "little boy."


Isaac cracks me up with this smile he does. If any of you all are fans of one of the best shows of all time (Friends) you will know what I mean when I say this is Isaac's Chandler smile. Hilarious!!


This is my favorite smile. I think it's just precious!

Isaac is now at the stage where everything Jakob does, Isaac has to do too.......which usually isn't good at all!! They did get to go out on the boat fishing with their PawPaw this weekend, so yes, they had a ball! Isaac has never really been out on the water until this year, but he has no fear!! They finally started to wind down, but not before getting a good scrubbing together!!



Finally, a shot of Isaac, Ethan, and Jakob together. This is a very difficult task to accomplish!!



As you all know, yesterday was Mother's Day and although I didn't get to spend the day with mine, that doesn't mean she wasn't on my mind. I think of her often and it seems that the older I get, the more she means to me. She is my very best friend and I love her more than anything. I'm grateful that she instilled in us the morals and beliefs that she did which in turn, I will pass on to my little one. I could never be half the Mother that I am had it not been for my own Mother, so Mom this is for you. I love you so very much and thank you for shaping me into the person that I am today. I am eternally grateful for all that you do and have done for me in the past.


And thanks to this little guy who has brough more joy, happines, laughter, and love into my life than I ever thought was possible. He is my pride and joy and I hope one day he will be proud to call me his Mom. I love you Isaac!

No comments: