2/5/10

First Visit

Yesterday was my initial prenatal visit with Dr. Micetich in Jackson. Darren went with me and we actually had to take Isaac along too because Donny and Janet were heading out for Murfreesboro. Everything went really well and I now officially have a due date! It is September 5, which is weird because Isaac's due date was June 5. He said everything was looking good and I complained to him about my constant nausea and vomiting. In case you forgot, I had it the ENTIRE time I was pregnant with Isaac and since it's started again, I've braced myself for another 9 months of it. He didn't want to start me on any kind of medication just yet because he wants to give it a chance to maybe wear off by the end of this 1st trimester. If not, then we will look into meds. He did however recommend this cool gadget called a Nausea Watch. They had one there and let me try it during my visit. You wear it on your wrist like a watch and it sends light, electrical pulses that are supposed to trigger something in your brain to help settle the nausea. His nurse was going to put in an order with insurance to hopefully get me one. By the time we got home, there was a message on our phone from the company wanting me to call in regards to the order and to arrange for delivery. I just got off the phone with them and they are going to try and run it through my insurance. The out of pocket cost for this thing is $189 so if insurance doesn't pay, I'm out. That's just a little high for me, but hopefully insurance will at least cover some of the expense. Keep your fingers crossed! Anyway, I go back in 2 weeks for an ultrasound just to check the size and all and then go for another montly visit in 4 weeks. Please keep your fingers crossed and pray for me that this nausea and vomiting will go away! I've already lost 6 pounds, which I know is not good, but right now, that's about the best I can do. Until next time.....

1 comment:

Susan said...

CONGRATS!!! Girl I totally know what you are going thru on the sickness I had it BAD with both my boys. I was in the hospital with Ethan and border line of going in with Nate when I was pregnant. I couldn't keep anything down, not even liquids. I hope and pray that it gets better and you will be able to get the braclet.