11/2/10

Halloween 2010

It's hard to believe that November is here. Layla had her first Halloween and Isaac had a big time too. Isaac went with Daddy to the hunting club on Saturday morning to shoot guns and get Daddy's scope set. Me and Layla went to Mimi and PawPaw's to hang out until the guys got back. Here is a photo of my little ones before we left the house. It's amazing how much Layla looks like her brother did at his first Halloween too!!

When the guys got back, we got the kiddos dressed to go out trick or treating. Several of the large churches here do the trunk or treat deal where the cars are decorated and treats are given out of the trunks. This keeps the kids off the streets and is so much easier than going door-to-door and having to get in and out of car seats so that's what we did. We did go to a few houses of folks we knew basically to visit and let them see how cute our little ones were! :)

Here is my little flower girl Layla.....



and her big brother Spiderman (aka Isaac)


This was the only one I could get of the two of them together where they were both looking in the direction of the camera!


I just thought these next couple of photos were cute and showed off the one thing that both of my babies got from their Mama.........LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those big ole' eyes!!!



My two favorite guys!!

And last but definitely not least, I have followed through on my promise to get a shot of Layla and her sweet smile!!


This is my last week home with this sweet girl and I'm a nervous wreck just thinking about going back to work next week. We have had some sleep issues with this lady. She goes to bed fine and is still sleeping good for the first stretch, but after her bottle, she wants to be awake and play and it's taken a good hour to hour and half to get her back to sleep. That's all fine and dandy now, but I can't do that next week when I have to get up and go to work so last night we tried something different. She got her last bottle around 9:00 and was wide awake, but I was able to get her to sleep around 9:30. I rocked her quite a bit after that just to make sure she was good and asleep, then laid her in her crib in her room. She's been sleeping in a pack and play beside our bed in our room, but decided it was time to move her out. I felt kind of bad because Isaac was in our room like that FOREVER before we finally moved him to his room, but things are so much different with the second child. Anyway, she did great in her room last night. She woke up around 2:00 for her feeding and was asleep on my shoulder, but those big eyes popped open wide when I laid her back down. She wasn't fussing or crying though so I left her in her crib and went back to bed. She must have eventually drifted off because the next thing I know she woke me up at 5:00. She just woke then because she was gassy to after some gas drops and about 5 minutes of rocking, I laid her back down again and she slept until 7:00! I'm hoping to get her into a more predictable routine soon, I just don't know how. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please share!! I also have trouble getting her to nap for much longer than 45 minutes to an hour during the day. The only way she will sleep longer is if she's in her swing, which is not a bad thing, but I don't want her to have to always be in the swing in order to be able to take a long nap. Any ideas on this would be appreciated too! Please keep us all in your prayers as we prepare to start a new routine with me going back to work. We definitely will need all the help we can get!!

No comments: