4/18/09

Easter Weekend

Happy belated Easter to everyone! Ours was pretty hectic and it seemed we were on the road more than anything. But, we did get to see lots of family and while our time with them was short, time together is always good!! Mine and Isaac's weekend started with sleeping in on Friday, since Daddy had to work. It was nice to not have to wake up to an alarm and me and Isaac just hung around the house and packed until Daddy got off work. Once he got home, we loaded up and headed to PaPa Murf and MaMa Hope's house for the night. Our new niece, Miss Callie Grace and her Mommy, Amanda were waiting for us when we got there. It was so good to finally meet her!! Isn't she just the cutest?? She has a head FULL of hair and will most definitely have to have a haircut before Isaac ever will.



Isaac wasn't quite sure what to think of her because he's never had to share the spotlight there before. He wasn't mean or ugly to her, he basically just ignored her, but I have a feeling that will change as she gets older. He was still his usual self though and he loves to perform when there's an audience so there were definitely lots of laughs. He does this thing now where he's really trying to smile good for the camera, but he says cheese and it's almost like that old episode of Friends where Chandler can't smile. It's much funnier in person, really!

We got up Saturday morning and got to visit a little while longer, but then we headed out to Uncle Derek and Aunt Jill's house. They were having a party for Ethan's birthday. Isaac was glad to see everyone and had a big time playing with his cousin Jakob. Here is little Ethan. Happy Birthday buddy!! (doesn't he have the most amazing eyes you've ever seen??)



After the party, we hit the road again and went to Grandma's house for the night. We visited and played awhile that night, but turned in pretty early because we were all pretty worn out. Isaac got up Easter morning and found some treats that the Easter Bunny had left for him. And me, being the wonderful Mother that I am, totally forgot to take any photos of this even so that's why there aren't any. I could just kick myself!! Anyway, we made it to church and it was just a beautiful day. Here is my little guy in his Easter outfit. Handsome little fella, huh??


Here's a photo of Isaac, Grandma (my Mom), and Moms (my grandmother).



This is one of my favorites!! I just love that little guy!





After lunch, Isaac was having a fit to go outside so off we went. He just kind of explored my grandmother's whole yard and loved every minute of it.




After visiting a while longer, we headed back to Grandma's house to pack up and hit the road home. Like always, I love going home and visiting with family, but it's so hard when it's a short trip like this. It's almost as if it's a tease!! Maybe they can come visit us all here soon. We will be headed back to middle TN in a couple of weeks. My brother Patrick is graduating from Cumberland University's nursing school. Woo-hoo!!! Congrats little bro! We're so proud of you!! We love you all and will see you very soon...





1 comment:

Allison said...

I found your blog through Holli's, then I was shocked to see my old boss Amanda's baby on here. Small world:)

Your pictures are great and your family is beautiful.
Allison