12/29/10

Christmas 2010

Christmas for us began a week earlier than the actual holiday. On December 17th, we headed to Murfreesboro to spend the night at Papa and Nana's house. We have started combining Thanksgiving and Christmas for them. We pick a weekend between the 2 holidays and it's affectionately known as "Thanksmas". Anyway, we got in pretty late on the 17th. On the 18th, we got up and had a nice breakfast and spent a lot of time just hanging out and visiting.

This was Isaac demonstrating his new trick


Baby Layla


Isaac also put on quite a show for us while we were there. He sang all sorts of songs and Papa even got a couple of them on video.


We tried to get a photo of the 3 little ones and this was the best we could get.
This is Isaac, Layla, and our niece Callie Grace.
(Doesn't she just have the cutest curls ever???)


Layla has really started to smile a LOT, which of course, just melts your heart!


We all got lots of nice gifts. Thank you all! Isaac loved all his toys and poor Layla didn't have a clue what was even going on! Next year will definitely be more fun for her though and I'm looking forward to it for sure!

Daddy and Isaac


Miss Callie Grace

I know she will hate me for it one day, but I just had to put up a pic showing how chunky my girl is.  I just LOVE babies with rolls. Isn't she just the cutest?? (I am a little partial, I know!)


My own little Santa Baby!


This picture was supposed to be horizontal and blogger turned it (not me) and I don't know how to turn it back. I just love the picture though!


Family shot


This is another one that blogger turned horizontal. I still think it's pretty cute though!

Thanks to Papa, Nana, Amanda, and Callie Grace for a great weekend. We all had a good time visiting and will definitely have to get together again soon. We had to rush back to Savannah on the 19th in time for our Christmas program at church. I was hopeful I could get a photo of Isaac with Santa, but he didn't want anything to do with him (again).

On Monday December 20, Isaac had his Christmas program at school. They sang a bunch of songs and it was all really cute. Isaac even had a solo line and Daddy got the whole thing on video. Isaac's line was "Trust Jesus because he is God's son"


They even dressed Miss Layla for the program!!


Now on to the rest of Christmas!  Me and the kids rode in with my Mom to Carthage on Thursday and Darren came in that evening when he got off work. Christmas Eve evening was spent at my Grandmother's house where that entire side of the family comes for dinner. We went over early that afternoon to visit, to help my Grandmother prepare, and do our gifts.

Me and my little man 



Darren, Isaac, and Uncle Patrick


Our little family



Family Shot again



4 generations

I just love this shot of Layla and Moms!

Once again, we got lots of nice gifts, but the best gift was being able to spend time with my family. We left Carthage around 9:00pm headed back to Savannah so that we could do Christmas morning and Santa at our house. Isaac and Layla both were asleep within 10 minutes of getting on the road and both slept the entire way back!
The next morning, we had to wake Isaac up to do Santa gifts.
This is what it looked like when Isaac got up...



Isaac got lots of cars from the movie Cars and several Toy Story Characters. He also got a scooter, but so far, he doesn't seem to care about it too much. Maybe once the weather gets nicer and he can take it outside. He and Daddy stayed busy awhile opening things out of their package and putting them together.

My two Santa babies

All in all we had a wonderful Christmas. We enjoyed our time with all our family and are very grateful to once again have that opportunity. On Christmas Day, our baby girl was 4 months old. Time flies! She is getting so big and getting to be so much fun!! She is smiling all the time and giggling here and there too. I can't wait until the giggles are much more frequent. My Mom weighed her on Christmas Eve and she weighs 16 pounds!! We go back to the doctor January 5 for her 4 month check up and shots.

This will probably be my last post for 2010. This has been such a wonderful year with Layla's arrival and all and only hope and pray 2011 is a wonderful year as well. We are very thankful for the blessings we have received and pray for continued health and happiness.

No comments: