8/16/08

Feeling better..

Well, I feel so bad after writing my last post. The next night, we came home and were getting ready to turn the bed in to a toddler size and realized there was still another notch we could lower the bed. So, we thought we'd try that before the toddler thing because we both knew then he would definitely be out of the bed every night. So, that next night was pretty rough. I put him to bed as usual around 8:45. About 11:45, he woke up crying and I thought, here we go again. I went in to check on him, but his paci back in, covere him up, and told him I loved him and walked out of his room. Well, of course he wasn't very happy and started crying. I told myself he would quit soon and then the crying kept getting louder and louder and he was eventually crying and screaming "MaMa, MaMa". Even though I kept peeking in on him just to make sure he was ok, I still felt like a terrible Mom!! Darren peeked in on him once and thought he had dropped his paci on the floor. I knew if either one of us went in there, the crying would just get worse so I told him just to leave him be. After 30 agonizing minutes, he finally gave up and went to sleep. After he'd been quiet for a good 10 minutes, I crept back in there and found the paci which was indeed on the floor, and placed it next to him on his mattress so that if he should wake anymore, he could easily find it. Well, the little guy slept the rest of the night. I was telling my co-workers the next day and they all came to the same conclusion. Even though it was just 2 nights, Isaac gotten used to coming in the bed with us and he was just crying because he wanted his Mommy!! Talk about feeling bad!! So, last night I was pretty anxious about bedtime. I thought maybe if he cries, it won't be as long as it was the night before. We went out for dinner and some things last night so it was a little later than usual when I put Isaac to bed. He went to sleep easily around 9:00 and I went to bed soon after. I was exhausted and laid down and just kept my fingers crossed. Believe it or not, that little booger slept all night long!! He didn't wake until about 6:00 this morning and I nursed him (yes, I'm still trucking along, but only morning and night) and he went back to sleep until around 7:30! Maybe he's got it all figured out now. I know I don't, but I'm just like any other first time Mommy and doing the best that I can, one day at a time....

1 comment:

Holli said...

Yeah for Isaac!! Glad you got things worked out! It is so hard being Mommy sometimes....