12/24/13

Halloween

Well, once again this Halloween has been bittersweet. Just like at her birthday, I figure this Halloween was the last one that I would be able to pick out Layla's costume for her. As opinionated as she is, I'm surprised it's lasted this long, but there is no doubt in my mind that next year, she will have her own ideas on what she wants to dress up as. I guess it's been fun while it lasted, but I'm also grateful for not only Layla but Isaac's independence too. I hope they both grow up to be strong-minded and don't let other people's opinions influence them. Anyway, before I get too deep, here are some pics from this year's Halloween.
This was the first year that Layla really got it and understood what Halloween was all about. After making our first stop and proudly saying "Trick or Treat" like she's been instructed to, she turned to me with her eyes wide and a smile and said "Mama, they gave me candy!"
It was a messy evening, but we had lots of fun and the kids definitely enjoyed all their goodies.

Isaac was the red Lego Ninjago
Layla was a Ladybug

No comments: