6/11/10

Catching up.....again!!

Well, I had really hoped not to get so far behind in my posting, but as you can tell, that's exactly what I've done. It seems like time really gets away from you once summer arrives, especially when you throw in a 3 year old little boy and a pregnant Mommy! Anyway, I have a lot of recapping to do and a lot of pictures to share to get everyone up to date on things.
We headed to middle TN for a visit back in April to celebrate our nephew Ethan's 2nd birthday. Dad and Hope were on a trip out west so we stayed at my Mom's house for the weekend. We had a good time at the party, which mostly consisted of just family, but nevertheless, the little boys sure had a big time together! I know I'm terrible, but I didn't even get a picture of the birthday boy. I'm sorry Ethan! Here are the bigger two though who, as you can tell by the photos, had a big time sneaking in a taste of the blue icing on Ethan's cake.



I do want to make a note that on April 4th, Isaac wore his big boy underwear to school for the very 1st time and had no accidents all day long. Way to go little man!

Next, on to Mother's Day. Darren and I have agreed to start alternating holidays now between my folks and his and this year, it was our turn to stay in Savannah for Mother's Day. In no way, shape, form, or fashion though did this mean I didn't think of my wonderful Mama on this day. I am so very blessed to have been born and raised by her and with her influence and if I can somehow be just a fraction of the Mother she has been to me, I will feel like I have truly accomplished something. I love you Mom and thank you for not only being a wonderful Mother to me, but also being the best friend I could ever hope to have. Silly me forgot to even check the batteries on my camera so when I was preparing to take some pics of me and my little guy on Mother's Day, my battery totally died. Here is one of the shots I did manage to get though. Isaac, you will never know how much you mean to your Mommy. Since you've been in the world, my perspective on life has completely changed. You are everything to me and I pray each and every day that you will continue to grow and learn and that I can be right there with you all the way. I pray that you will grow to be a strong, respectable, loving, and God-fearing man and I promise that I will do everything in my power to help you achieve all these and more. I love you so very much Little Buddy!!



Now, on to some humor!! Isaac recently decided that he and Daddy needed to take a bath instead of a shower. Of course, it couldn't be just any old bath, it had to be a bubble bath. Needless to say, I think they both enjoyed it because they've done it many more times since. As you can see in the pics, Isaac even decided one night that they needed to wear goggles in the tub and he somehow convinced his Daddy to go along with it too.




This one just absolutely cracks me up!!!



On May 12th, Isaac school (Cumberland Child Development Center) had their end of the school year program. They mostly sang songs and did the pledges they had learned. Isaac did ok at first, but then refused to get back up there with his class and finished out the program sitting with Mommy and Daddy. Isaac has really thrived since starting at CCDC back in October and we just love the teachers there and the new friends he has made.
After the program, the parents were invited to stick around and have a picnic lunch with the kiddos outside and visit while they played and wore down before nap time. The kids had the biggest time!
Here is Isaac and his buddies Maddox and Payton. Isaac talks about Maddox all the time and just loves to play with him. He really is a sweet little guy and I'm so glad Isaac and he are buddies.



Isaac blowing bubbles



And here is Isaac with two of his favorite girls, Arianna and Ellie. Ellie is on the right and I worked with her Mommy, Mrs. Dale at the Health Department. Isaac has known Ellie for a long time and refers to her as not only his best friend, but his girlfriend too. She is such a sweetheart and I hope these two can stay buddies for many years to come.



These are just a couple of shots of Isaac being his cute little self!!




Memorial Day weekend was a big weekend for us. After work on Friday, we loaded up and headed to my Mom's for the night. The next day, we got up early and hit the road east headed for North Carolina to attend my cousin Haley's wedding. I was a little worried about how Isaac would do on the trip considering it was roughly 450 miles from Carthage, but he did great. Thank goodness for portable DVD players!! When we got there Saturday, we got to visit a bit, but then had to go and get ready to attend the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Unfortunately, due to my troubled pregnancy, I didn't really get to enjoy the wonderful food that was available because I still get sick all the time. Anyway, I was able to get in a couple of pictures before we left of me and Darren and Isaac.





Before I move on, I have to share another funny Isaac comment. While we were at the rehearsal, Isaac suddenly had to go potty so off we go to the restroom. When we went in, there was no one in there but us. I stood Isaac up on the potty and he did his business, then started to open the stall door. I told him to wait just a minute that Mommy had to go potty too. At this time, I heard the bathroom door open and more folks come into the restroom. I proceeded to sit down and do my business when Isaac asked me out loud "Mommy, are you peeing or pooping?" I told Isaac to be quiet that Mommy just had to pee. He then squatted down and looked up at me and said "Mommy, where does your pee come from?" I was completely mortified and before I knew it, I said "Isaac baby, shut your mouth!!" He looked up at me with the most solemn look on his face and said "Mommy, we don't say shut up!" I wanted to just crawl up in a little hole!! Thankfully, the other ladies in the restroom were friends of my cousin that I had met before and all seemed to get a big kick out of Isaac's comments!

After a day on the road and busy night at the rehearsal, we finally crashed out and all got a good night's sleep before the wedding the next day. I was supposed to sit up front with the family during the ceremony, but was too afraid that Isaac wouldn't cooperate. I definitely did not want to cause a scene so we just kind of stood in the background. The wedding was outside at my cousin's house so it worked very well. There is a playground across the street from their house and Darren ended up taking him down because he got a little restless during the ceremony. I really wanted to get some more pictures afterward, but Isaac wasn't cooperating very well at all. I did manage to get a few in though so I guess I can't complain too much!



Here is my mom and my Aunt Carol, her sister and mother of the bride



Isaac and Grandma


My brother Patrick, Mom, and me


Isaac and Daddy. This is probably my favorite. I love these two guys!!


Isaac and Mommy


We got up and headed home the next day and were on the road for almost 12 hours. It wasn't nearly as tough as I was afraid it was going to be and again, Isaac did so much better than I even could have hoped he would do. Needless to say, we were all exhausted when we got home. Also, this is the first night that Isaac slept in his big boy underwear and so far, he hasn't had any accidents during the night. Yay!!! I took the next day off work to recoup and I also had my monthly doctor's visit that afternoon. Everything went well and I had finally gained some weight this visit. Like I said earlier, I still can't eat meals and still get sick when I do, but I have learned that if I can just munch on bland foods in small amounts throughout the day, I can usually do ok so I'm trying to stick with what works. I was having some issues with my feet swelling though and strangely enough, it was mostly on my left side. I mentioned this to Dr. Micetich and he said swelling was pretty normal, but it was a little odd that it was mostly on one side so he wanted me to get an ultrasound of my left leg just to make sure, which I had done last Friday. I have not heard anything back from him regarding that, so I'm going to assume that no news is good news. I go back to him on the 29th of this month and after that, we are down to visits every 2 weeks. I can't believe it's already that time and that I only have about 12 weeks to go. I am so ready for this little girl to be here! I'm already feeling very uncomfortable and large and I have the entire summer to go so I know it's not going to get any better any time soon. She is really moving a lot right now and seems to be all over the place, which makes me think of another funny that Isaac said not too long back. We were at church one Sunday and during the music, Baby Layla was really moving around a lot. I let Isaac feel my belly while she moved and he said "I know what my baby sister is saying." I asked him what she was saying and his response was "She is saying let me out of here!!" I just cracked up at him and just can't get over a lot of the stuff he comes up with. It really makes you wonder what all goes through his mind sometimes. This is all for now. Isaac just had his 3rd birthday on June 3rd and I have lots of pics to share from that day as well as his birthday party, but I haven't taken them off my camera yet. That is my next project though and I promise I will have them and another post up as soon as I can!!!

No comments: